Here’s an AWESOME idea some people are already using to create websites worth loads of $$$.
1. Choose a topic people are passionate about and you also enjoy. It could be cute puppies, the latest pop star, whatever you fancy.
2. Create a WordPress site. If you don’t know how, don’t let that stop you, hire someone to set it up for you, add your theme and any plugins you choose or they advise you to have. It won’t take them long at all and it should be extremely affordable, so this is NOT an obstacle. (Try fiverr for a great deal).
3. Add an autoresponder and offer to send them the latest videos. (You’ll really be sending them links back to your website to see the latest videos.)
4. Look for the best YouTube videos in this particular niche. You’ll need to do some decent searching, since YouTube results can be flaky. But that’s a good thing, because it means your website will become a reliable source for videos on this topic.
5. Post the videos to your site on a frequent basis. Do you see why this needs to be a topic you’re interested in? You’ll be watching these videos to make sure they’re good enough for your website. And you’re posting often to keep people returning. If it’s not something you’re interested in, then you’ll soon lose interest.
6. Attract fans through a Facebook fan page. If you’re not familiar with doing this, get some training – it’s easy enough and it’s a fast way to build a fan base for your video website.
7. Build a loyal (dare we say passionate?) following of people who know YOU have the best videos on your topic. If you picked a good niche and you’re providing great videos, your work in building a passionate following is already nearly done.
8. Place advertising on your site to monetize it (Amazon? Clickbank?) Don’t go mad with advertising because you don’t want it to look like a typical garbage website. You just want something to get some money rolling in and increase the value of your website.
9. Build your following for a few months
10. Sell the website, rinse and repeat. The visitors you have, the email list you build, and the revenue your site generates all contribute to your website’s value. Obviously, in all three cases, the bigger the better. How much can you get? If you’ve followed all the steps, you should get at least several thousand dollars, if not a great deal more.